COVID 19 POLICY DOCUMENT FOR ROCKJAM SUMMER CAMPS
Dear Parent or Guardian,
We are monitoring the situation in Rockjam Ltd regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 and will follow the HSE advice as listed on the HSE website.
Our first responsibility is to protect vulnerable people in our society. There is still some Corona virus in the community and we need to make sure we do not spread it. The virus can be spread by healthy people so we need to act as if we might have it, take extra precautions and make sure our students and staff are safe and do not put vulnerable people in our community at risk.
With this in mind, the following measures have been put in place.
- We have reduced our class sizes from max 8 to max 4. In doing so we believe the students and staff will have adequate space in the rehearsal room to maintain social distancing.
- Hand Washing Stations/ sanitiser will be available in every rehearsal room. Students and Staff will be required to wash at the beginning and end of each session.
- All equipment, doors and surfaces will be cleaned down after each session.
- Masks will be worn by all staff when indoors. We don’t feel it is acceptable to force young children to wear masks, but masks will be available free to each student if they wish to wear one. We have purchased masks that have the Rockjam colour scheme in order to make this a more positive experience for our students.
- Where possible, classes and workshops will be taken outside.
- Perspex Screens may be used in certain situations, but only if this does not cause distress or take away from the shared music experience.
- Each group will have their own entry/ exit to the building. This will minimize students bumping into each other.
More guidelines will be introduced where appropriate and suggestions are welcome. We intend to improve and react to our situation and any further guidelines given by the HSC.
You can also help prevent the spread.
If, in the past 14 days, an individual has:
- travelled to Ireland from abroad/holidays
- been in contact with a person who has novel Coronavirus, or
- attended a hospital/healthcare facility where patients with novel Coronavirus are being treated
PLEASE INFORM US IMMEDIATELY
If they feel unwell they need to:
Stay at home. Phone the local Department of Public Health for advice. Staff at the local Department of Public Health will provide them with information on coronavirus and advise them on what to do if you become sick. Contact details for Departments of Public Health can be found at: